Social Emotional Learning
An important element of District 90's commitment to the whole child is attention to the social emotional needs and health of each of our students.
Social-Emotional Supports and Activities for Families and Students
District 90 has pulled together information and links to support the social-emotional wellness of students and families. This information provides links to community resources and activities. These resources will be updated every other week. Please click on the links below for information about surviving the current unprecedented times.
- Tips and Strategies to Support Children with Stress and Anxiety - June 29, 2020
- Tips and Strategies to Support Children with Anger and Behavioral Challenges - July 14, 2020
- Whole Body Wellness - July 28, 2020
- Tips and Strategies to Prepare Your Children for Returning to School - August 10, 2020
What is Social Emotional Learning (SEL)?
Extensive evaluations found that SEL:
- Enhances student achievement
- Helps students develop self-control
- Improves relationships at all levels of the school community
- Reduces conflict among students
- Improves teachers' classroom management
- Helps young people be healthier and more successful in school and life
Students develop social and emotional skills through effective classroom instruction, student engagement in positive activities in and out of school, and SEL Graphic.pngbroad parent and community involvement in SEL planning, implementation and evaluation.
Five SEL competencies identified by the Collaborative for Academic, Social and Emotional Learning (CASEL) are:
- Social awareness
- Relationship skills
- Responsible decision-making
- SEL in District 90
The principals, school social workers, and staff members lead efforts to build cultures that incorporate manners and respect in all our interactions. This includes the High Five Goals at Roosevelt, The Willard Way and the Lincoln manners approach. We also provide for small classes led by dedicated and compassionate faculty and staff.
- Inclusion Preschool
- Kindergarten Program Review
- District School Year Calendar
- District 90 Student/Family Handbook 2022-23
- 2022-23 School Year Calendar
- 2023-24 School Year Calendar
- Community Bulletin Board
- Board of Education
- Web Pay
- 2023 Summer School
- Powerschool Parent Student Portal
- New Student Registration
- Kindergarten Registration
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.